Re: [LAD] Fw: Re: "bleeding edge html5" has interesting Audio APIs

From: Paul Giblock <pgiblox@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Nov 22 2011 - 23:48:50 EET

> !! A good idea. But it could be confusing to the user, unless
> you provide a substiute.

Yes. I suppose one could overlay a sprite to where the user clicked
with the mouse last, then we are getting into the syncing you
mentioned earlier.
One thing I do like about this method (either emulating the cursor or
hiding it), is that one could map the mouse's delta position to a
value on an arbitrary scale. 10:1, log, etc.. It doesn't matter where
the cursor actually is.

On second thought.. perhaps it does - the cursor is bounded to the
screen dimensions. Perhaps reset the mouse position and keep some
running delta. Food for thought in either case.

Paul