Re: [LAD] sliders/fans

From: Fons Adriaensen <fons@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Nov 25 2011 - 12:53:34 EET

On Thu, Nov 24, 2011 at 06:52:24PM -0500, David Robillard wrote:

> ... I guess you are being pedantic and jumping on me
> saying it's a "model" issue.

Dave, I I have no desire to 'jump on you', and replied to
something written by Nick if I'm not mistaken.

> Some situations are indeed much more complex than others, but a widget
> is still just a stupid thing that gives you a number.

On way to look at the situation I described is to see the
fader widget as providing two values: a number (gain) and
a binary (on/off). In that case the way such faders are
combined for 'VCA' is indeed of no concern to the widget.

Ciao,

--
FA
Vor uns liegt ein weites Tal, die Sonne scheint - ein Glitzerstrahl.