Re: [LAD] Linux Audio Documentaion Effort : (Was "Question 0")

From: Harry van Haaren <harryhaaren@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Nov 28 2011 - 19:16:56 EET

On Mon, Nov 28, 2011 at 4:55 PM, thijs van severen <
thijsvanseveren@email-addr-hidden> wrote:

> Documenting (code) is always a good idea.
> Its hard enoug to find and motivate people that have good coding skills,
> so the last thing you need is for those people to get frustrated while
> trying to find out where/how they should start.
>
> Transparent, error-free documentation, website and active mailing list are
> key here!

I don't fully grasp your point here, are you saying we should create a
resource like mentioned above or that it should be based more about the
"code" and working examples...?

I dont have coding skills, but if you need someone to help with the
> documentation as such, i'm willing to help.

Thanks, will keep that in mind! I'm currently drafting some Introductory &
basic stuff like choosing a language & toolkits. Then I'll post that its
open to all and write up some basic audio tutorials (adapted from my blog)
JACK clients, MIDI in JACK, processing, ringbuffers, etc

All the best, -Harry