Re: [LAD] Linux Audio Documentaion Effort : (Was "Question 0")

From: Philipp Überbacher <hollunder@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Nov 30 2011 - 14:43:39 EET

Excerpts from Harry van Haaren's message of 2011-11-29 21:10:21 +0100:
> Hey all,
>
> I've been doing a bit of writing, and there's a draft up on flossmanuals:
> http://booki.flossmanuals.net/linux-audio-programming/_full/
> For providing good code examples, and an easy way for the community to
> interact with the code I've set up a github repo. Currently on:
> https://github.com/harryhaaren/Linux-Audio-Programming-Documentation
>
> The current version has:
> -Introduction
> -Choosing your tools
> -How to use the tutorials
> -Jack client tutorial
> -Writing a soundfile to disk
>
> Comments & advice welcome, -Harry

Thanks Harry,
I looked over the jack client example and it looked real easy, thanks. I
remember Robin Gareus trying to get me started a while back with a very
similar example. Thanks again Robin, I simply wasn't ready back then.

What I wonder though is the workflow of writing/improving the tutorial
and feedback. I just think it's an important part of this project.
If I'd had minor suggestions for code improvement, would I clone the git
repo, host it somewhere and make a merge request? Write a patch?
Will the tutorials mostly 'happen' in code comments or also on
flossmanuals?

Regards,
Philipp