Re: [LAD] [LAU] New stuff: zita-dpl

From: Caleb Reach <jtxx000@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Dec 08 2011 - 06:31:51 EET

On Mon, 5 Dec 2011 09:40:15 +0000, Fons Adriaensen <fons@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
> So you need to monitor what it is doing, and that's one reason
> why DPL1 has the type of display it has, and why it is not a
> Ladspa plugin.
>
> A second one is that I wrote this to have a limiter that can be
> used on multichannel (mainly AMB here) mixes. Since Ladspa has
> no 'create-time' parameters, this would require a different
> plugin for each channel count.

Hey Fons, thanks for the limiter!

The LV2 plugin spec permits custom GUIs, and the dynparam extension
allows the number of parameters to vary (I'm not sure if there's a
built-in way to do this).

By the way, I may be misreading, but wouldn't the license in dplimit1.cc
prohibit others from making plugin ports and from including this in GPL
software?

Cheers,
Caleb