Re: [LAD] [ANN] Qtractor 0.5.3 - The Delta Whisky natural cask strength!

From: Albert Graef <Dr.Graef@email-addr-hidden-online.de>
Date: Tue Jan 10 2012 - 21:54:50 EET

On 01/10/2012 07:43 PM, Rui Nuno Capela wrote:
> does the backtraces you get always point to the same spot? #1
> qtractorAudioBus::latency_in at qtractorAudioEngine.cpp:2422, which in
> fact is the call to jack_port_get_latency_range() ?

Yes. This is 100% reproducible for me. Maybe an SMP-related issue? I'll
see whether installing jack1 instead helps.

> it depends on how new are the build of those calf plugins...

Latest. I grabbed them from Dave's svn repo and built them today.

> recently the default build changed from using the good old
> lv2_external_ui extension into the troublesome lv2_gtk_ui.

They all work fine with qtractor 0.4.8 which just seems to ignore the
fancy new GUIs and creates its own instead. Is there a way to get that
behaviour in the latest qtractor?

> you may get
> some different results if you build qtractor with the new lilv stack
> (--enable-lilv) instead of the old slv2 but anyway,

I wanted to try that next, but lilv doesn't build against the LV2
version that I have here (the version that ships with Ubuntu 11.04 is
still 3.0). I'm not sure what I need to install to get lilv up and
running, as the dependencies aren't documented anywhere. The Qtractor
README file thankfully mentions that I need those serd and sord
libraries, but that doesn't seem to be enough, running waf configure
still complains that it can't find lv2/lv2plug.in/ns/lv2core/lv2.h which
my LV2 installation doesn't have. Do I also need the latest lv2core package?

Albert

--
Dr. Albert Gr"af
Dept. of Music-Informatics, University of Mainz, Germany