Re: [LAD] Ambisonic Effect processing

From: Fons Adriaensen <fons@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Jan 11 2012 - 15:53:09 EET

On Wed, Jan 11, 2012 at 04:51:22AM -0800, Harry van Haaren wrote:

> While reading around I came across zita-rev1, but it seem has stereo
> inputs, duplicate the mono signal to both inputs, or would you advise to
> drive it with a stereo signal? I could pan the mono->stereo based on the
> ambi panner control, and then send the stereo to zita-rev1, and mix in the
> returned B-format?

The inputs are named L and R but in -B mode you don't have to use them as
stereo. You can just use one, or both with separete aux mixes and for each
channel choose the own that works best.

The early reflections on both will be different, IIRC I tried to make the
first ones come from the left for the L input and right for the R input,
but I could as well have messed it up - it's something I need to verify
when I find the time...

Ciao,

--
FA
Vor uns liegt ein weites Tal, die Sonne scheint - ein Glitzerstrahl.