Re: [LAD] Mplayer decode to stdout

From: Dan Muresan <danmbox@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Jan 29 2012 - 10:12:26 EET

> sox/play will definitely do the job with "-" as the parameter.  I'm

Both sox and mplayer are amenable. I've used both in shutlp, a gapless
loop player with a count-in metronome (sox being used as a decoder and
beat generator, and mplayer to output to various back-ends -- pulse,
jack, alsa),

http://danmbox.github.com/shut-audio-tools/

(the programs are unnecessarily complex because I really wanted to see
if POSIX sh could control multiple processes reliably)

For mplayer, I used -quiet -noterm-osd -demuxer rawaudio -rawaudio;
you may want to actually SEE some of mplayer's messages, e.g. in case
the files to be played are corrupt. Oh, and mplayer can also read
control commands from a FIFO, via -input file=/tmp/fifo.

-- Dan