Re: [LAD] rt-kernel and nvidia graphic card

From: Trulan Martin <trulanm@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Jan 31 2012 - 15:00:22 EET

For me, on a GeForce6150LE, the only video driver that is really
stable on the RT kernel is vesa. The NVidia driver works OK with a
non-RT kernel (and the 'threadirqs' boot parameter, rtirq script,
etc.), but only on 64 bit. The nouveau driver has never worked on my
machine with any kernel, ever. I haven't tried nv in a long time
because it gives me pathetically low resolution.

But, if you want to try the NVidia proprietary driver, it is better to
patch the driver souces rather than faking the license in the kernel.
See here:
http://article.gmane.org/gmane.linux.rt.user/7478

This patch lets the NVidia module build on 3.0 and 3.2 RT kernels.
This kernel/driver combination does not work on my machine,
unfortunately. But

- Trulan