Re: [LAD] DrMr: a new lv2 sampler/drum machine plugin

From: Albert Graef <Dr.Graef@email-addr-hidden-online.de>
Date: Tue Feb 14 2012 - 09:21:01 EET

On 02/13/2012 05:20 PM, Nick Lanham wrote:
> I hope people find it useful, and as it's rather new code, bug reports are of course very welcome.

Two more nitpicks:

1. If the host's samplerate (as given by the LV2 instantiate() callback)
differs from the samplerate of the wave files, the samples sound wrong
(well, at least different from what you hear with the same drumkit in
hydrogen). To avoid that, you have to resample the waves on the fly when

2. If you export a sequence from hydrogen as midi, you get midi notes
starting at C2 (36), whereas drmr's midi mapping uses the octave
starting at C4 (60). It's a minor thing, as you can easily transpose the
notes, e.g., in Qtractor after importing the midi from hydrogen, but it
would be more convenient if drmr used the same midi mapping as hydrogen
itself.

Albert

--
Dr. Albert Gr"af
Dept. of Music-Informatics, University of Mainz, Germany