Re: [LAD] DrMr: a new lv2 sampler/drum machine plugin

From: Nick Lanham <nick@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Feb 14 2012 - 16:49:40 EET

On 02/14/2012 03:02 PM, Alexandre Prokoudine wrote:
> Nooooooo, I actually quite like the idea of being able to JFD drums
> programming directly in a DAW:) The UI could do with quite a bit of
> love (it's really OK for an initial release), but DrMr is already a
> huge win for me.
JFD? Yes, the UI certainly needs work. I'm no ui guy, but at the very
least I'd like to do the following:
- have sample names be displayed in the frame title instead of Sample1
Sample2 etc..
- (probably) use a custom widget to make gain/pan rotor controls instead
of sliders
- show/hide sample controls so you can clean up the interface a bit

If you have other suggestions I'm certainly open to them

> What are the top priorities for you right now?
Good question :) Considering the gobs of free time I have </sarcasm> my
list is roughly:
1) Test everything more thoroughly and hunt down crashes (I'd like to be
confident that at least the non-ui bit of DrMr was largely crash free)
2) Respond to issues raised here (i.e. get DrMr in a state that's useful
to people who actually want to use it)
3) Clean up UI
4 tie) (maybe) Add ASDR envelope to each sample
4 tie) Add kit editing to UI

- Nick