Re: [LAD] question re: latency of native Linux VSTs

From: Filipe Lopes <falktx@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Feb 21 2012 - 14:46:54 EET

Hey Dave,

I've been working with juce plugins a lot recently, and one of my projects
handles precisely that:
http://distrho.sourceforge.net/

juce has not been very linux-friendly in it's early days, and still has a
few issues right now (but it's now much better than before).
I plan to move all plugins from the old jucetice project to DISTRHO (which
most is already done, only missing Jost).
these changes are not yet ready though, as I'm updating all the plugins to
the very latest juce-git modules branch, and also working on a serious
juce-linux issue with realtime kernels.
once everything is done, I'll post to the linuxaudio planet as usual
(through KXStudio news)

if you're using plugins from here:
http://www.anticore.org/jucetice/
or
http://code.google.com/p/juced/

you'll have issues for sure. Old loomer plugins had issues too, but the new
ones seem to work fine now.