Re: [LAD] [ANN] Qtractor 0.5.4 - Echo Victor shouts out!

From: michael noble <looplog@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Mar 05 2012 - 02:40:27 EET

On Mon, Mar 5, 2012 at 7:47 AM, Albert Graef <Dr.Graef@email-addr-hidden-online.de> wrote:
> On 03/04/2012 11:26 PM, Rui Nuno Capela wrote:
>>
>> no worries. given the length of the thread i think i'll take two please ;)
>

> Ok, granted. I'd even make that two bottles if you implement OSC tracks in
> Qtractor. ;-)
>
> Albert

I'm chiming in late here, but it is a topic I've thought about a
little having experimented in the domain. Given the open-endedness of
OSC, I've always thought it makes more sense to implement some kind of
plugin based translators, as it were, something like the ladosc ladspa
plugins but with more flexibility and eliminating the need for both a
sender and receiver plugin.

For instance, if one were to implement an LV2 OSC instrument, you
automatically get multi-host compatibility without having to expect
the host dev's to agree on a standard as such. The plugin would simply
need some kind of sensible interface to define namespaces for the
translated midi events that the host would be sending to the plugin
via the standard sequencer interface. This way, discrete and
continuous events could be mapped to OSC output within the UI of the
plugin. I hope I'm making sense.

Alas, this is more than I can do, but if a developer were feeling up
to it I'd be more than happy to line up for testing.