Re: [LAD] [ANN] Qtractor 0.5.4 - Echo Victor shouts out!

From: Alexandre Prokoudine <alexandre.prokoudine@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Mar 05 2012 - 12:33:56 EET

On Thu, Mar 1, 2012 at 10:40 PM, Rui Nuno Capela wrote:

> - Direct access plugin/insert parameter changing tool-tip added.

I'm not sure it makes a terrible sense to post this to LAD rather than
to LAU, but I'd just like to notice that I'm not extremely happy with
the current implementation of direct access for the following reasons:

1. Only one setting per plug-in is available, so I can't have control
over, say, attack and release in a compressor simultaneously.
2. The widget is hard to aim (which is probably a trade-off with an
aim to make UI compact). Maybe some phat-like slider would do the
trick?
3. The step for mouse wheel scrolling is too large by default and
doesn't change to a more granular one with Alt/Shift modifier buttons.

Re widgets, here is another idea:
http://www.darktable.org/2012/03/bauhaus-widgets/

I'm not totally sure about it yet, I've yet to compile that branch.
But just so you know... :)

Alexandre Prokoudine
http://libregraphicsworld.org