Re: [LAD] [OT]: Re: Linux Malware

From: Louigi Verona <louigi.verona@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Mar 23 2012 - 13:12:32 EET

Hey Lorenzo!

Thanks for the reply. By malware I meant a more general category. I would
be more content to speak of viruses, which would include things attaching
themselves to daemons and things which would copy your passwords and start
sending out spam.

In view of the argument of the amount of users I guess one of the questions
once could ask is whether Linux would have more viruses and would be a less
safe environment if it begins to be used as widely as Windows.

My current answer is "no", but many people say "yes". How would you answer
this question?