[LAD] Guitarix release 0.22beta1

From: Andreas Degert <andreas.degert@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Mar 24 2012 - 02:53:20 EET

Guitarix release guitarix2-0.22beta1

The next shiny new Guitarix version! Guitarix is a tube amplifier
simulation for jack, with effect modules and an additional stereo
effect chain.

Download from http://sourceforge.net/projects/guitarix/

You can find some screenshots and explanations of the new version in

http://sourceforge.net/apps/mediawiki/guitarix/index.php?title=EnhancedUI

Many things changed in the user interface. Now you can move rack units
by drag and drop (reflecting the signal flow), store individual
settings for each rack unit and use preset banks with several settings
for the whole rack. It's easy to take our "factory presets" and make
your own customized bank, or make your own from scratch and share it
on the Guitarix forum.

There is a new "live play mode" with only the info you need on stage
(it's fullscreen, no other penguins around), and a preset picking mode
with a foot switch (midi or usb, or if you don't have one even the
space bar of your keyboard) and the strings of your guitar to switch
settings.

Rack units are now put into categories, and two new ones are a noise
gate for high noise levels and a univibe emulation. Thanks go to the
developer of abGate and Ryan Billing from Rakarrack who helped
porting his univibe code and made the inclusion of it possible.

This is already too long, please check it out and give feedback if you
find a problem, this version is still beta.

Please refer to our project page for more information:

       http://guitarix.sourceforge.net/

download site:
       http://sourceforge.net/projects/guitarix/

please report bugs and suggestions in our forum:
       http://sourceforge.net/apps/phpbb/guitarix/

here you can find a couple of examples produced by guitarix users:
       http://sourceforge.net/apps/phpbb/guitarix/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=83

have fun

For extra Impulse Responses, guitarix uses the zita-convolver library,
and, for resampling we use zita-resampler, both written by Fons
Adriaensen.

        http://kokkinizita.linuxaudio.org/linuxaudio/index.html

We use the marvellous faust compiler to build the amp and most effects
and will say thanks to

        : Julius Smith
        http://ccrma.stanford.edu/realsimple/faust/

        : Albert Graef