Re: [LAD] Non Session Management

From: Louigi Verona <louigi.verona@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Mar 29 2012 - 13:02:38 EEST

my 2 cents from user perspective: I know where I save my files, I know
where my sample collections are. i know that if i delete my sample
collection, sessions won't load. i don't need any program to tell me
that.

in fact, in using FL Studio or Cubase or LMMS you have the same
situation. a project can use same files as another project and if you
damage those files - well, sorry.

I do not see any reason for complications in session manager design. i
agree with david, all of this is unnecessary and only will make NSM a
session manager developers would be reluctant to adopt.

louigi verona.

On 3/29/12, rosea.grammostola <rosea.grammostola@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
> On 03/24/2012 11:09 PM, Fons Adriaensen wrote:
>

>> 3. Clearly defining the way an app should behave w.r.t. its
>> File menu entries (when managed). This is quite intrusive
>> to existing clients, but it is IMHO absolutley essential.
>> Kudos to the designer(s) for the having the courage to do
>> this instead of allowing application developers to take
>> the 'least effort' way (which would of course be better
>> marketing, but invite later misery).
>
> How easy or how difficult is it compared to JackSession for example, to
> add NSM support to an application?
>
> Is it possible to have NSM and JackSession support in one application?
>
> Regards,
>
> \r

Louigi Verona
http://www.louigiverona.ru/