Re: [LAD] Non Session Management

From: David Robillard <d@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Mar 30 2012 - 20:41:40 EEST

On Fri, 2012-03-30 at 16:47 +0200, Burkhard Wölfel wrote:
> >> On Wed, 2012-03-28 at 03:27 +0200, Emanuel Rumpf wrote:
[...]
> > - deleting - I would like to know, if I'm allowed to delete a
> > certain file, thus
> > it's important to know if it is still used by any session
> >
> > - destruction - I'm planning to use a destructive application an a
> > file
> > and would like to know, if this file is used by any session, where
> > this modification would cause trouble
> >
> > - duplication and release - one may intend to export all files (maybe
> > of a certain type) for a certain session and send them to a friend.
> >

> ... who could be a repository providing version control.

Good point. Better to achieve this kind of thing by simply dropping
your (transparent file-based) session(s) in an RCS, which will do all of
this a billion times better than any LAD session manager ever would.

That said, I still think apps should be able to save non-destructively.
"Use git" is a nice trick for geeks, not something that should ever be a
strict dependency.

-dr