Re: [LAD] NSM - handling large files

From: Paul Giblock <pgiblox@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Apr 02 2012 - 22:07:03 EEST

> > Do all target filesystems support symbolic links?
> >

> yeah ? what would happen to the links, if one copied the session
> folder to his/her fat32 usb-stick ?
> simply don't !! ?
> or de-reference...

I didn't necessarily mean for transport or archival. I imagine "just
dereference it" is one of the motivations for links in the first place. I
was more concerned about windows users, or people with large external
(fat32) drives who wish to use this filesystem for their live session
storage. I just checked and NTFS at least supports symlinks.

-- Paul