Re: [LAD] NSM - handling large files

From: Fons Adriaensen <fons@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Apr 04 2012 - 23:48:45 EEST

On Wed, Apr 04, 2012 at 09:19:57AM -0700, J. Liles wrote:

> Are you seriously saying that the equivalent of doing:
>
> if ( nsm_is_active )
> save_here( file );
> else
> save_there( file );
>
> Would require a complete rewrite and overhaul of your application? Say you
> don't want to do it... That's fine. Say you don't like the NSM
> design--that's fine too. But don't just make up wild hyperbole out of
> laziness...

:-)

A question: according to the docs, a client should consider itself
'managed' after receiving the reply to the 'announce' message. But
at that time it has no path to save anything 'New' or 'Load'ed.
If I understand the docs correctly, the 'open' message specifying
this path will follow immediately. But still this is a possible race
condition. So shouldn't a client consider itself managed only after
having received the first 'open' message ?

Ciao,

--
FA