Re: [LAD] Proposals for JACK

From: Robin Gareus <robin@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed May 23 2012 - 19:15:23 EEST

On 05/23/2012 06:05 PM, Paul Davis wrote:
> On Wed, May 23, 2012 at 12:05 PM, Paul Davis <paul@email-addr-hiddenwrote:

>>> had a feeling that was true but didn't want to embarass myself again by
>>> mis-remembering. good to know (again)
>>>

>> of course, "full" support for this requires some semantics to define what
>> to do if after the switch some ports are missing.

..or new ports are available. but even if the number of ports stays the
same, the actual pinout may be different.

Currently all connections to and from the backend are lost when
switching backends. JACKd (currently) has no clue and it's the only sane
thing to do.

Here's a bash script that can re-connect or re-map connections after
switching backends. It's a bit hacky but works for me.
  http://rg42.org/blog/jack2dbus
  http://rg42.org/wiki/jack2contol

> which is another place where port metadata comes into play.

+1

Cheers!
robin