Re: [LAD] simple FAUST OSC example

From: Yann Orlarey <orlarey@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu May 24 2012 - 10:44:26 EEST

Le 24/05/2012 01:04, Kaspar Bumke a écrit :
> Thanks for the help Yann. I think that could be made clearer in the docs, the exact
> message you are supposed to send for idiots like me.

The documentation can certainly be improved and questions are very helpful for that.

> Anyway, I don't seem to be getting any response from it.

OSC support is an option available on some Faust architectures. To activate this option
with faust2xxx scripts you need to use the flag -osc. Try for example :

    faust2jack -osc noise.dsp

When you start ./noise you should see several messages on the standard output, in particular :

    Faust OSC version 0.91 application 'noise' is running on UDP ports 5510, 5511, 5512

indicating that the OSC support is active and the UDP ports used.

Cheers

Yann