Re: [LAD] simple FAUST OSC example

From: Albert Graef <Dr.Graef@email-addr-hidden-online.de>
Date: Thu May 24 2012 - 18:06:23 EEST

On 05/24/2012 04:27 PM, Kaspar Bumke wrote:
> I did look at faust-lv2, the problem is it seems to be for MIDI to Audio
> rather than Audio to MIDI which I am interested in as I would like to
> write a drum triggger/replacer type application.

Oops, I misread that, too. I remember writing a little helper object for
Pd which triggers control messages for nonzero sample values in its
audio input. Once you have that, you can easily map that to a MIDI
message in Pd, so you might be able to use that for your purposes. The
object is called bit~ and is contained in this tarball:
http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/q-lang/kcs-example.tar.gz

Of course, you then still need to write a Faust program which computes
the trigger pulses from its input, so that you can pipe the output
signal from that unit into bit~.

--
Dr. Albert Gr"af
Dept. of Music-Informatics, University of Mainz, Germany