[LAD] Should LV2 Activate() clear MIDI CC parameters?

From: Jeremy Salwen <jeremysalwen@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri May 25 2012 - 10:21:41 EEST

Hi all,

The LV2 spec says that on a call to activate(), "the plugin instance MUST
reset all state information dependent on the history of the plugin instance
except for any data locations provided by connect_port()"

I am not certain whether MIDI CC parameters are included in this category
of "data locations provided by connect_port()". The CC parameters are sent
through port buffers provided by connect_port(), but because they are *event
* buffers, all information passed through them is necessarily part of the *
history* of the plugin instance.

I could imagine cases where you would want to reset all internal state of
the plugin, but since CC values are very much like port values, they would
be kept. On the other hand, I could also imagine cases where you would
want to reset all internal data including the CC parameters.

I'm assuming MIDI note on/off status certainly should be reset.

Thanks,
Jeremy Salwen