Re: [LAD] LADSPA plugin undefined symbols - SOLVED

From: John Rigg <ladev@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Jul 10 2012 - 15:48:02 EEST

On Mon, Jul 09, 2012 at 10:55:12PM +0100, John Rigg wrote:
> It was the -lm option. With that added to the LD line in the makefile
> it could find cos, which was the undefined symbol stopping demolition.
>
> Other undefined symbols like malloc, calloc and free didn't bother it
> (these could be defined with the -l:libc.so option but it wasn't
> necessary).

As a follow up for anyone else confused by these ld options, -lm
makes ld look for libm.so (which is a symlink to libm.so.6, the
system library containing math functions). I could also have used
-lc instead of -l:libc.so.

It's one of those stupidly obvious things I missed when I read the ld
manpage.

John