Re: [LAD] another job opening at HoerTech, Oldenburg, Germany

From: Burkhard Wölfel <versuchsanstalt@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Jul 10 2012 - 20:39:35 EEST

Am 09.07.2012 um 17:15 schrieb Giso Grimm <gg3137@vegri.net>:

> Dear List,
>
> I would like to make you all aware of an open position related to
> audio
> development, potentially on Linux.
>
> Best regards,
>
> Giso
>
> --------------------
>
> The Center of Competence for Hearing Aid System Technology – HoerTe
> ch
> gGmbH – is happy to announce a full-time job opening to expand its
> research and development team at the earliest possible date.
> HoerTech is
> a leading non-profit research institute in the field of audiological
> and
> acoustical developments related to hearing systems.

Plus, it is located in a nice university town, has great affordable
housing just across the street, a university canteen within walking
distance and one of the most marvellous pieces of technical art making
a point about human perception that I've ever seen (and sat on).

Pictured here, in the middle of the crowd:

http://www.taubenschlag.de/cms_pics/Entwickler-Forum.jpg

Grüß' bitte Wechloy von mir, Giso!

- Burkhard

P. S.:

Does Deutsche Bahn still do their maintenance work on the railway
track once a year? Having this brutal machine lift up the tracks,
reposition the crushed rock the tracks are lying on and hammering
everything back on the ground used to be an acoustic happening of its
own that you could not defy. Four o'clock Sunday morning. Forty feet
away from my pillow. Monstrous noise pouring out of every wall, once a
year. I couldn't believe that neighbors from the adiacent building
didn't hear anything...