Re: [LAD] [Android|OT?] CamSynth - Just an experiment

From: hermann meyer <brummer-@web.de>
Date: Wed Jul 25 2012 - 11:15:27 EEST

Am 25.07.2012 08:50, schrieb Florian Paul Schmidt:

> Hi,
>
> I don't know if this is on-topic or off-topic - technically it runs on
> a linux, but then, maybe, just, no, no Android on LAD?? :D But
> anyways: I played a little with Android Development and hacked up a
> little experimental Synthesizer app.
>
> https://github.com/fps/android_camsynth
>
> https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=io.fps.camsynth
>
> It's free and open source and renders 8 voices (on my LG-P500) with a
> trivial (and wrong :D) synthesis method where the voice gains are
> determined by the camera image at a 8 x 8 px resolution..
>
> I guess it's somewhat a minimal project which can be instructive to
> some (the synthesis part is implemented in C via JNI). And the code is
> very small..
>
> Have fun,
> Flo

Hi

I have just try it out, funny, indeed.

Drawback was that my handy slip into standby mode and the synth is still
running, after switch it on again I found no way to stop it, it wasnŽ t
in the task manager, and the return button wouldnŽ t stop it. So I need
to de-install it, to stop cansynth.

Anyhow, thanks for a new toy for my android, and for the "Example
Source" :-)

greets
hermann