[LAD] Leslie and convolution

From: Julien Claassen <julien@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Jul 26 2012 - 19:51:59 EEST

Hello everyone!
   I have just asked myself, if it is a good idea to use an IR of a Leslie for
simulating a Leslie. Correct me, if I'm bloody stupid, but working on the
basics of convolution, it doesn't look promising. Since you take the IR of the
Leslie and then apply the full IR to each sample, meaning, that you might get
more of a whirling reverb? Or is there another technique, to apply an IR and
cycles. Just one "sample" of the IR to one sample of the input signal.
   If I am completely wrong, a simple no will suffice. My knowledge of this is
basic. I've only got some knowledge from a lecture called "signal theory' to
back me up and it should probably be called "an introduction to" or "basics
of" at that. :-)
   Warm regards
          Julien

Such Is Life: Very Intensely Adorable;