[LAD] SMPTE timecode library

From: Robin Gareus <robin@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Aug 17 2012 - 19:04:40 EEST

Hi,

Does anyone know a timecode library, that allows converting, adding,
subtracting SMPTE timecode with knowledge about drop-frame timecode, etc
...that can be used in C programs.

The only timecode lib I was able to find is 'mffm-timecode'.
It is C++ only and not really concerned with SMPTE timecode.

I'm thinking about writing one - unless I can find sth suitable.
Five of my current projects include replicated code for dealing with
SMPTE. Some use libltcsmpte.sf.net functions to some extent.

I'm currently refactoring libltcsmpte. As it was the first lib I've ever
written, I did make a couple of mistakes in designing its API/ABI. The
new incarnation of libltc only concerns itself with LTC frames and drop
SMPTE. -- So I'll need a libsmpte of some kind.

TIA,
robin