Re: [LAD] [LAU] Linux Audio 2012: Is Linux Audio moving forward?

From: Paul Davis <paul@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Oct 10 2012 - 16:54:05 EEST

On Wed, Oct 10, 2012 at 9:39 AM, Louigi Verona <louigi.verona@email-addr-hiddenwrote:

> Hello Ben!
>
> I'd like to answer your question: Is OSX/Win Audio moving _backward_?
>
> In the most general sense my answer would be a no.

in the general sense, sure. but Ben wasn't referring to the general sense.
if you're on the "inside" of Apple audio development its clear that their
focus is really shifting away from "creative/professional audio" toward
"consumer audio". i'm talking about the OS infrastructure here, not the
existing apps. now, traditionally, Apple has done an amazing job of
creating technology that manages to serve the needs of both audiences, and
they *may* manage to carry on doing that. but there are few signs from
things going on in both iOS and the latest versions of OS X that this might
not carry on. personally, i'd probably put my money on apple, but there is
a real question what their (infrastructure) focus is going to be in a year
or two.