Re: [LAD] [LAU] Linux Audio 2012: Is Linux Audio moving forward?

From: Geoff Beasley <geoff@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Oct 11 2012 - 02:27:29 EEST

On 10/11/2012 07:25 AM, Louigi Verona wrote:
> There is no competition, Patrick. Windows Audio does not compete with
> Linux Audio. Only if in our minds. And thus they do not want anything.
>
> There is no Windows Audio community, there is a Linux Audio community.
> We try to compete with them. They do not compete with us.

nicely put Louigi and quite correct imho.

Linux audio is never about windows anything. it's always about making
music. and in Linux we can make music with elegance and accuracy.

remember, the tools are just that - tools. i've heard plenty of shit
albums produced in multi million dollar complexes.

there are always many alternate ways to do the same job. too much
emphasis is placed by too many on software solutions of all
sorts.knowledge and experience is really what it is all about. and that
can't be programmed - it has to be learned.

BTW, have you tried mhwaveedit? very nice,compact and stlouable audio
editor and converter. i use it all the time.

best