Re: [LAD] Plugin block length restrictions

From: David Robillard <d@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Oct 24 2012 - 02:33:13 EEST

On Mon, 2012-10-22 at 19:51 +0000, Fons Adriaensen wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 22, 2012 at 11:26:49AM -0400, David Robillard wrote:
>
> > You have also completely killed any incentive to work on that supposedly
> > good effort
>
> Oh dear oh dear ! I'm unaware of my powers over you...

I was attempting to use this plugin as an excuse to establish those
features without really caring if the particular application was
actually any good. You've done your best to show that it's not, so
there is once again no reason to bother.

It was a convenient fiction, but you burned the book. Oh well.

> Which only exist of course as long as you allow them to.

I'll work on that. Perhaps you should work on people needing to work on
not being affected by you.

> You should reconsider your positin on this.

Oh, I have. My position is that my life now needs to be 100% grad
school and 0% LAD for the foreseeable future. Thanks for the reminding
me of the effort:payoff equation behind that position.

Least rewarding type of project, ever. Little wonder nobody else will
do it, and large wonder why the hell I did.

-dr