Re: [LAD] Linux-audio-dev Digest, Vol 69, Issue 11

From: Kjetil Matheussen <k.s.matheussen@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Nov 13 2012 - 14:21:33 EET

Dominique Michel:
>> That sounds simple. I'll try that.
>> You can also define your own keyboard configuration by editing
>> bin/keybindings.conf.
>> There are no functions available to show a section exclusively yet
>> though, but I'll
>> add it.
>
> I will be very interested by that. Radium is a great program, but it
> scale very badly on my 4:3 screen. The main problem for me is to be
> able to read the fonts, they look too small. If I make the font
> bigger,
> the radium window goes over the screen boundaries, and overlap on the
> next screen of the wm. So, I use a lot Ctrl-Alt-+ and Ctrl-Alt-- for
> now.

I don't quite understand what you do... Is Ctl-Alt-- and Ctrl-Alt-+ a
way
to access Keypad+ and Keypad-? (To change editor font size)
(You can also use F5/F6 to change font size)

Also, when you talk about the window going over the screen boundaries
when
changing font size, is it the system font size you are changing then?
(You
can set the system font size in ~/.radium/config). Because the window
size
should not increase if you change the editor font size.

You can also press Left Ctrl + m to automatically fit all tracks in the
visible area. Left Ctrl + m makes radium use two characters for
note names instead of three. Left Ctrl + t changes the note names into
visual representation instead of text.

> If I compare radium with another music editor I liked very much (back
> to my time with the Amiga), Music-X, the different parts of the
> program was on different superposed screens in the same window. I
> don't like tabs, they just eat vertical space. Bindings are better,
> or
> a small button somewhere in a corner.
>
> To have separated windows can be an alternative, but they are
> less efficient than key bindings.

I agree about that. I think the main problem is horizontal space, so
possible having one key that changes between only showing the editor
or only showing the mixer would work. Turning on/off the instrument
window
isn't that important.