Re: [LAD] CAPS* as LV2

From: Tim Goetze <tim@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Nov 30 2012 - 17:13:08 EET

[Bruno Gola]

>On Fri, Nov 30, 2012 at 9:31 AM, Tim Goetze <tim@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
>> [Bruno Gola]
>>>So... http://github.com/portalmod/caps-lv2/
>>
>> After having had a quick glance, it seems the structural changes made
>> to the source tree will make reflecting upstream development a bit
>> difficult, or is my perception failing?
>
>As I said the state of this port is only for our development and
>testing workflow, so probably it's not the best port in the world
>regarding upstream compatibility.
>
>Maybe you guys could help us on the best path to keep it compatible
>and easy to merge into upstream. For us it's the best thing to do also
>so we can benefit from new releases easily.

I'll be happy to answer any questions about CAPS internals you may
have (though it would seem you have a good enough grasp already).

At any rate, limiting your changes/additions to to the common
interface files (basics.h and interface.cc), if possible, will
certainly make following upstream a lot easier.

Although this seems viable to me, I should add that I have no actual
knowledge of LV2 except the little gathered from glancing over your
code, and this is unlikely to change soon. This lack of expertise
also implies that it would be unreasonable for me to merge and
maintain an LV2 interface.

Cheers, Tim

PS: For some reason I couldn't seem to locate basics.h in the above
github tree.