Re: [LAD] building the new Guitarix LV2 Amp

From: David Robillard <d@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Dec 16 2012 - 08:11:30 EET

On Thu, 2012-12-13 at 16:07 -0200, Gianfranco Ceccolini wrote:
> I´ve already tried turning all the knobs up with no luck.
>
> about the LV2 plugins, would there be a performance difference between a
> single plugin with the three engines (tube, tonestack and cabinet)
> hardcoded in a single .so and separate plguins connected through JACK ?

If the signal path is linear and just normal mono or stereo audio needs
to be connected, most hosts could do this without having to do it via
Jack.

With so few plugins the overhead would be pretty low either way. In the
same host, too low to be of significance. Running plugins is just a
function call at the end of the day.

-dr