Re: [LAD] [ann] CAPS 0.9.4

From: Tim E. Real <termtech@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Jan 13 2013 - 11:25:19 EET

On January 10, 2013 08:15:11 PM Tim Goetze wrote:
> [Gianfranco Ceccolini]
>
> >when running AmpVTS in JackRack I hear no difference when changing the amp
> >models. when plugging the Tonestack plugin the difference is perfectly
> >audible.
> >
> >Something worng with AmpVTS?
>
> Yes, it's a bug, thanks for pointing it out. The attached patch fixes
> the problem.
>
> Thanks for the feedback and the kind words!
> Tim

Applied patch. The model seems to still make very little difference.
Hard to tell, but it seems like only model 7 sounds different than the rest.
Also hard to tell but the brightness seems to make no difference.
Should there be so little difference in these settings?
I seem to remember the old VTS model setting changed the sound more.

Anyway, so far it sounds really good.
It seems a /lot/ more beefier than the old amp VTS.
I recall having to run a separate distortion plugin into the old VTS. No more.

Thanks.
(Another) Tim.