Re: [LAD] [ANN] Radium Compressor V0.0.1

From: Kjetil Matheussen <k.s.matheussen@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Jan 17 2013 - 14:06:06 EET

On 17.01.2013 12:57, hermann meyer wrote:
> Am 17.01.2013 12:11, schrieb Kjetil Matheussen:
>
>> Radium Compressor is the system compressor in Radium,
>> but distributed as a standalone jack application.
>>
>> Radium Compressor uses the stereo compressor found in
>> effect.lib in the Faust distribution.
>> This compressor is written by Julius O. Smith III.
>>
>> The GUI shows accurately the sound used for compression,
>> and how much the sound is being compressed.
>> I haven't seen this in any audio compressor GUI before,
>> but it's probably been done before.
>>
>> Demonstration video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KphCxloBq2w [1]
>>

>> Tar-ball: http://archive.notam02.no/arkiv/src/?C=M;O=D [2]
>>
>> Source repository: https://github.com/kmatheussen/radium_compressor
>> [3]
> I would love to see the video, unfortunately I get:
>
> Dieses Video enthält Content von UMG. Dieser Partner hat das Video
> in deinem Land aus urheberrechtlichen Gründen gesperrt.
>
> which means:
>
> This video contains content from UMG. This partner has blocked the
> video in your country for copyright reasons.
> :-[

I don't know the origin of the drum loop,
but that UMG all of a sudden heard about this video (there's only been
9 views),
somehow recognized the short loop that's used in it from material that
they have copyrighted, and then closed it down (only in germany),
and all within a time frame of two hours, sounds very unlikely to me.