Re: [LAD] avw.lv2 0.1.2: Here they are!

From: David Robillard <d@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Jan 21 2013 - 09:02:11 EET

On Sun, 2013-01-20 at 18:01 +0000, Filipe Lopes wrote:
> On Sun, Jan 20, 2013 at 1:39 PM, Aurélien Leblond <blablack@email-addr-hiddenm>wrote:
>
> > Hello everyone,
> >
> > I just released today a new version of the avw.lv2 plugins.
> >
> > As a reminder, this project started as a porting of the Alsa Modular Synth
> > internal modules to LV2 plugins: VCO, LFO, VCF, etc... Teamed up with
> > Ingen, they can be used to create modular synths or analog drum machines
> > (but the list is not exhaustive!).

Nice one.

For the record I added an extremely preliminary Python script to Ingen a
while ago called ingenams which attempts to load AMS patches into Ingen,
translating to AVW and Fomp plugins. It's nowhere near a state that
produces usable patches, but it does manage to load quite a few nodes
and if you're lucky some connections between them, so it might be fun
for somebody to play with, or take a bit of the manual labour out of
porting AMS patches.

> code from ttl file:
> * a lv2:AudioPort, lv2:CVPort ;*

Hm. I had never considered listing both of these types at the same
time, but I suppose that would work and just be treated as an AudioPort
by legacy hosts. Interesting.

> Those 2 should have defined if they are input or output.

Indeed:

Failed to instantiate <http://avwlv2.sourceforge.net/plugins/avw/vcaexp>
<http://avwlv2.sourceforge.net/plugins/avw/samplehold> port `output' has
unknown type or direction

Aurélien, before making a release it would be a good idea to load all
the plugins into Ingen to check that they load. You can easily do this
in one step by sorting/searching by URI and shift-selecting the lot and
adding them.

Cheers,

-dr