Re: [LAD] CAPS- 0.9.7 (was [ann] CAPS 0.9.5

From: Tim Goetze <tim@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Jan 28 2013 - 21:57:32 EET

[Tim Goetze]
>[Bart Brouns]
>>I have a similar problem as the one reported earlier:
>>In AmpVST, all amp-models sound the same to me except the BassMan.
>>Also: they all have a lot more gain/distortion then the BassMan.
>>This is with v 0.9.7.
>>
>>If you want I can provide a small Ardour session to demonstrate the
>>problem.
>
>That's a new one probably, the earlier problem was the tonestack model
>selection updating from the "over" control input, and the "tonestack"
>control being useless. This has been fixed in 0.9.7 anyway.

Thinking about this some more, it seems possible, perhaps even likely,
that you started your ardour session with a previous version of the
plugin and then updated CAPS. If ardour saves a plugin control map
with the session (likely needed for automation purposes), this map, if
using numerical indices instead of port labels, will not match a later
version of a plugin with reordered controls.

Depending on what version of CAPS you started with, what is presented
to you as the tonestack model selector could well map to the amp's
gain instead, leading to the result you described.

If this is correct, removing all references to the plugin from your
session and then reintroducing it should fix the problem.

Thanks,
Tim