Re: [LAD] [LAU] So what do you think sucks about Linux audio ?

From: Devin Anderson <surfacepatterns@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Feb 05 2013 - 19:35:27 EET

Hi Gabbe,

On Tue, Feb 5, 2013 at 9:21 AM, Gabbe Nord <gabbe.nord@email-addr-hidden> wrote:

> 1. An easy way to provide this feedback, and encouragement to do so.
> There's IRC, mailinglists and forums for this, but most apps actually lack
> encouragement for feedback. Something as simple as writing "If you like this
> software and have ideas/suggestions, please use [insert_method_here] to
> contact us, all suggestions are appreciated!". The worst thing that could
> happen is that the suggestion isn't used, but I think tons can be gained by
> making the user feel more involved.

Excellent! This is a start. I can add something like this to the
'About' dialog of my applications.

Questions:

1.) What else can I do, as a developer, to make users feel more involved?
2.) On a similar note, what else can I do, as a developer, to make
developers feel more involved?

> 2. Appreciation for the feedback. Some devs are better then others on
> this, but I sadly think it's fairly common that users who try and provide
> feedback either get treated as complete idiots, or that the dev takes it as
> some form of personal insult.

I've seen developers do this. It's really unfortunate.

Thanks for your feedback! :)

--
Devin Anderson
surfacepatterns (at) gmail (dot) com