Re: [LAD] [LAU] So what do you think sucks about Linux audio ?

From: Luis Garrido <luis@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Feb 06 2013 - 16:43:50 EET

On 02/05/2013 11:56 PM, J. Liles wrote:

> The biggest problem is that there are more people talking than there are
> people doing.

That's not a problem, that's how things are. Talking is way easier, so
it stands to reason that it happens more often.

> So the second problem with LAD is unreasonable expectations.

This. EOD (End Of Discussion).

It is just a matter of realizing FOSS developers are normal people, too.

Maybe slightly more skilled in the ways of code and maybe a little more
selfless or community-conscious than the average. But developers have
bills, families, lives, they have to put up with their bosses/customers
demands during their day job... They don't need more little-bosses
telling them what they should do with their free time, thanks. One would
think this would be just common courtesy.

Polite suggestions and feedback are always welcome, but statements like
"Your software isn't as great as Ableton's and it should if you want to
have as many happy users as them, which is surely what you must want
(and, as a bonus, I get commercial-grade software for free, ain't that
convenient?)" are open invitations for sarcasm, or even satire.