Re: [LAD] So what do you think sucks about Linux audio ?

From: J. Liles <malnourite@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Feb 08 2013 - 20:38:49 EET

On Fri, Feb 8, 2013 at 7:29 AM, John Rigg <ladev3@email-addr-hidden> wrote:

> On Fri, Feb 08, 2013 at 01:02:13AM +0000, Fons Adriaensen wrote:
> > But do you really think that when doing a mix, the quality of the
> > final result will depend on which of the 15 or so general purpose
> > equalisers you use on any particular track ?
>
> No, it depends on which esoteric piece of hardware the pretty picture
> on the GUI looks like, of course.
>
> > The result will depend only on your skill in using any one of
> > those EQs.
>
> Heresy!

Heh. Exactly. Sometimes I get the impression that users of windows and mac
have no clue that those 10,000 awesome free VST/AU plugins simply represent
the permutations of the mathematical functions of a few LADSPA plugins.
Personally, I'd rather assemble those functions myself than have some Brand
Name (TM) do it for me and slap a stupid shiny GUI on it.