Re: [LAD] [LAU] So what do you think sucks about Linux audio ?

From: michael noble <looplog@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Feb 09 2013 - 14:00:52 EET

On Sat, Feb 9, 2013 at 8:38 PM, Dominique Michel <dominique.michel@email-addr-hidden
> wrote:

> In the past, I done such a rt conversion on a dsp. It was working very
> well but need some parameters to be carefully chosen. The only way to
> chose those parameters are with a visual signal analysis. The timbre of
> an instrument is unique, vary with the time and with the play. I used a
> memory oscilloscope to do this analysis.

To be fair, real-time pitch to midi is not a linux audio problem but a
general DSP problem that so far as I know, is far from solved on any
platform. If your solution works as well as you say then you need to put it
in a product and market it asap! This is something that I know people have
sought for a long time. Even purpose built high-end hardware units, like
the Axon series coupled with something like a Godin Synth Access guitar,
have limitations and require the player to adapt to those limitations.