Re: [LAD] making sense of Jack MIDI; or, is this an appropriate use for Jack?

From: Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf@email-addr-hidden-dsl.net>
Date: Sun Feb 17 2013 - 00:22:53 EET

On Sat, 16 Feb 2013 22:54:40 +0100, Felix Homann <linuxaudio@email-addr-hidden>
wrote:
> Am 16.02.2013 20:31 schrieb "Ralf Mardorf" <ralf.mardorf@email-addr-hidden-dsl.net>:
>>
>> If you like to use MIDI as a serial interface for something else, then I
> won't call it MIDI,
>
> Have you heard of MIDI Show Control?

No, I heard about MSC for the first time now. MIDI is limited, has many
drawbacks, MIDI on modern computers add additional drawbacks, so instead
of thinking to program for all kinds of usage, it IMO is important to get
rid of the issues MIDI does cause on PCs (*NIX and what ever OS else). I'm
accustomed to get hard real-time for hardware MIDI. I found a way to get
this for Linux on my machine, but this is possible, because Linux coders
focused music.

"Musical Instrument Digital Interface"