Re: [LAD] Support for Steinberg UR22 (Yamaha USB chipset 0499:1509)?

From: <cullinan@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Feb 23 2013 - 21:58:25 EET

Hi, Paul!

On 02/23/2013 07:06 PM, Paul Davis wrote:
> On Sat, Feb 23, 2013 at 10:43 AM, <cullinan@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
> But if it's too much work, to get it working, I could also just
> decide to send it back to Steinberg and thank them for not
> supporting Linux with their products.
>
> [ ... ]
> bDeviceClass 255 Vendor Specific Class
>
> I hope you are getting the message :)

Quite clearly... :-(

> Maybe the local post office is not too far from your home.

It is really close, now. ;:-)

Well, are there any experiences in contacting Yamaha
(I would skip Steinberg) to get programming manuals for
their chipset? Inside the Steinberg UR22 there are three
Yamaha designed boards with an YC706A0 (seems propretary?)
and an CS4270 from Cirrus Logic (well known).

Waste of time?

I have no problem signing NDAs with hardware-vendors in the past, as we
are doing electronics design here. But if there are weeks and month
of coding envolved, the decision is simple.

> ps. let someone like clemens ladisch comment before actually repackaging
> the thing.

Can anybody recommend medium/upper class ADC/DAC Linux compatible interface?
1x stereo audio in and 1x or better 2x stereo audio outs would do the job.

Regards,

Clemens K