[LAD] Licensed for Sampled Instrument Example / Suggestion

From: Nils Gey <ich@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Feb 28 2013 - 19:04:57 EET

Hello Developers,

I have written a short blog post about what I think is the ideal license for open source sampled instrument libraries. It is in fact either a CC license or GPL, I am not so naive to think I am able to write an entire license, but I have added necessary additions and exceptions.
I am not a lawyer and I have no education or official background in law and rights. This is a suggestion, based on my experience with existing licenses and the requirements of sample based virtual instrument libraries, a.k.a "Samples"

http://www.nilsgey.de/2013/02/28/License_Proposal_for_Sample_Instrument_Libraries/

I welcome any comments here or in the blog itself since I know that licenses are a serious matter. And I don't want to make a fool of myself. I remember some weird licenses, even in the linux audio community, and I don't want to create one of them :)

Greetings,

Nils