[LAD] JACK and CPU stress testing

From: Harry van Haaren <harryhaaren@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Mar 01 2013 - 13:41:29 EET

Hey all,

I'm currently attempting to stress test my setup of -rt kernel, rtirq
scripts, and a Jack client program I've been working on.
So my idea is to create a script that runs the programs, and also a
cpu-load generating program (cpuburn or alternative).
Then collecting stats based on Xruns, % DSP load, etc.

I intend to show (trough brute force) that an application is RT capable on
machine X with a latency of Y ms.
Of course this won't be 100% representative, but the stats will show some
RT-safe-ness.

Has anybody done this kind of profiling / stress testing with JACK before?
Hints / tips / advice / etc welcomed! -Harry