Re: [LAD] [ALPHA] ladspa.m.lv2 - Some questions :D

From: hermann meyer <brummer-@web.de>
Date: Tue Apr 23 2013 - 13:47:39 EEST

Am 22.04.2013 07:33, schrieb Florian Paul Schmidt:

> Hi,
>
> These last few days I found some time to work on ladspa.m.lv2, an LV2
> plugin to load ladspa.m.proto instrument definition files:
>
> https://github.com/fps/ladspa.m.lv2
>
> It is in a somewhat usable state, i.e. used in ardour3 it loads the
> example instrument generated by this python script:
>
> https://github.com/fps/ladspa.m.proto/blob/master/example_instrument.py
>
> which is a very simple polyphonic sawtooth synth with exponential
> envelopes and an echo with differing delay times per voice. There's
> still some things to do (e.g. expose control ports, implement
> All-Notes-Off midi messages, lots of optimizations - right now I care
> more for correctness than for efficiency, etc.) and I also have some
> questions:
>

> 1] This one is regarding waf. I'm not used to writing wscript files
> and I adapted the whole thing from the example sampler from the
> LV2-distribution. I wonder how I can make waf to use e.g. -fPIC and
> other compiler flags needed for my 64-bit system. Right now I have put
> a little makefile into the repository which passes the missing options
> along as CXXFLAGS environment variable. This is a dirty hack. So if
> anyone waf guru might want to take a look, I'd be so ever grateful.
>
> https://github.com/fps/ladspa.m.lv2/blob/master/makefile
>
> https://github.com/fps/ladspa.m.lv2/blob/master/wscript

Hi

I'm far from being a waf expert, but I will try to help you out here:
You can use

conf.env['cshlib_LINKFLAGS'].append("-fPIC")

or

conf.env['shlib_LINKFLAGS'].append("-fPIC")

or

conf.env['cxxshlib_LINKFLAGS'].append("-fPIC")

somewhere in the def configure(conf): part to set the link flag

and you can use in the obj = bld

cflags = '-Wall -O3 -march=native',

or

cxxflags = '-Wall -O3 -march=native',