Re: [LAD] NSM support: progress, wishlist

From: rosea.grammostola <rosea.grammostola@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed May 15 2013 - 17:25:20 EEST

Hi,

FYI Qmidiarp and AMS has nsm support now.

ams: https://github.com/royvegard/ams

On 05/01/2013 11:38 AM, rosea.grammostola wrote:

> - Rakarrack
> - PHASEX
> - Ingen
> - Guitarix
> - Giada and/or Kluppe (?) (JackTransport would be nice too)
> - HarmonySEQ
> - Muse
> - Hydrogen
> - ...
> - ...
>
> I'm sure I forgot quite a few...

 From the above projects, Rakarrack doesn't seems to be actively
developed. So if an dev outside the project wants to add nsm support,
you're welcome. (That's true for all Linuxaudio software I guess :) )

I'm not sure whether there're (technically/workflow) reasons to add nsm
support if there's already an plugin (LV2/DSSI) version of it. Assuming
the plugin version has no limitations compared to the standalone
version, you can use the plugin version in plugin hosts with nsm support
(Carla atm). If you think it would make a difference, I'd be interested
for your argumentation.

Best regards,
\r