Re: [LAD] NSM support: progress, wishlist

From: rosea.grammostola <rosea.grammostola@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed May 15 2013 - 18:49:43 EEST

On 05/15/2013 04:36 PM, Jeremy Jongepier wrote:

> Yes, Yoshimi for instance ;) I'll take another look at
> http://non.tuxfamily.org/nsm/yoshimi-nsm.patch and dig up the discussion
> again about jack-session vs NSM. The aforementioned patch namely removes
> all jack-session support and I'm not sure if I want that.

I don't think Jack-Session is used much these days, tell me if I'm
wrong. If they still exist, I would challenge the JS users to try NSM,
good chance you'll prefer the latter.

If JS is used, it's used within Ladish I think. Remember that Ladish
will support nsm in the future.

However, I don't think JS needs to be removed to add nsm support.
There're more apps which supports both (e.g. added JS first and then
switched to NSM without removing JS). Removal of JS might be better for
tactical reasons though. You can argue that it's better for the LAU/LAD
community if there's one session API to support.

Best regards,
\r